Sunday may be considered the day of rest for most, but Nashvillians would never settle for that. Nashville rarely closes out a weekend without offering a number of amazing live shows for bargain prices. Moving from Chicago, I was shocked to find that not only could I see a quality live show for a very low price, but I didn’t need to worry about sitting by my computer monitoring ticket sales, assuming that they’d sell out before I even got a chance to click “Pay with Paypal”. Here’s where you’ll spot some native (or nearly native) Nashvillians embracing the music scene tonight:
- 3rd & Lindsley – Lindi Ortega with Great Peacock ($12). Local indie radio station, Lightning 100, puts on it’s weekly artist showcase & live broadcast to present some of the best acts around for a super cheap price. With personal experience seeing Great Peacock I can say this is totally worth it. Awesome. Do it. Seriously.
- Exit/In – 102.9 The Buzz presents Local Buzz Live feat. Feedback Revival, Navaeh & Slick ($5). Great venue, quality show, cheap tickets.
- Marathon Music Works – Juicy J, Travis Scott, Project Pat, Jung Youth ($29.50 ADV/$32 DOS). The venue is a warehouse, so realize that it’s a big venue and if you get stuck behind a tall guy you might be screwed, but it puts out some phenomenal shows.
- The Stone Fox – Houndmouth with Andrew Combs & Blank Range ($3)
- The Station Inn – Bluegrass Jam Session (FREE). The Station Inn is a legendary music venue and it’s hole-in-the-wall charm mixed with it’s display of the best in Bluegrass makes it worth a visit. And a return visit. It’s first come, first serve, so don’t show up too late!
Nashville Sundays are the best. I challenge you to try finding another city with this kind of music happening tonight. Do as Nashvillians do and spend a couple bucks on some live music tonight!