Seriously, is there any night in Nashville that isn’t awesome? Mondays tend to be especially entertaining as the best and brightest musicians return from their weekend shows to play for the natives. Nashvillians are known for being a pretty tough crowd, most with some tie to the industry and very accustomed to experiencing amazingly talented acts on a regular (we’re talking daily) basis. But Mondays bring out the perfect mix of Nashville’s best with casual venues and drink specials to boot. Here’s where you’ll find some (nearly) native Nashvillians tonight:
- Whiskey Jam at Winners Bar & Grill (FREE) 9PM. Hilarious hosts, a variety of great music, cheap drinks, casual atmosphere. Always packed to the brim. Keep up to date with their schedule on Twitter and Facebook, they have been known to get major surprise acts at a moments notice.
- 8 off 8th at Mercy Lounge (FREE). A weekly presentation rotating tons of great acts packed into one night and one of the best venues in town.
- Betty Who with Zak Waters and Cardiknox at The High Watt ($10 adv | $12 DOS). Go Google “Somebody Loves You”. Electropop genius in a smaller, yet equally as cool venue situated above Mercy Lounge. The vaulted ceilings in the venue alone are impressive. They even have a separate room away from the stage that is open for overflow crowd, to get away from the music, or to take a break outside on their tiny balcony.
- Motown Monday at The 5 Spot ($5) 10PM – For the dance machines. A mix of retro hits from todays DJs to dance to until the wee hours of the night.
- Open Road Monday at The Building (Cover) 9PM – Open Mic night of sorts, BYOB!!
You’re saying to yourself, “Who actually goes out on a Monday? It’s the start of a new week, I’m tired… blah blah blah”. TONS of Nashvillians go out on Monday nights. Heck, sacrifice going out on a Saturday sometime just to have the energy to take on a Monday night in Nashville. Monday nights showcase the Music City’s true talents outside of it’s famed Broadway/Country music scene. There’s so much more here than meets the eye, you just have to say yes.