You’re new here, right? This weekend is jam-packed with options! Here’s where you’ll catch some (nearly) native Nashvillians this weekend:
FRIDAY, March 28, 2014 – SUNDAY, March 30, 2014
- My So Called Band 2-Night Stand (Friday-Saturday) at Mercy Lounge ($15 adv / $20 DOS / $25 weekend pass) – Love to dance? Love to sing 90s jams into your hairbrush in front of the mirror? Get nostalgic over the mention of cassette tapes and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air? THIS. GO. You will enjoy this. I promise.
- Tin Pan South Songwriters Music Festival (3/25 – 3/29) at every music venue in town (price varies) – This annual songwriters festival allows Nashvillians the chance to experience some of the most talented people in the music industry in intimate settings around the city. Visitors flock to this festival every year as it’s one of the best displays of musical talent EVER. Check out the website for artist, location, and price details.
- “That Music Thing” (Friday) by 12th & Broad at a warehouse (3701B Gallatin Pike) (FREE for members; $15 GA) – Featuring four local bands, booze, in a revamped warehouse venue presented by 12th & Broad, an up-and-coming social juggernaut who’s mission is to celebrate the people of Nashville.
- Spring Break Party! (Saturday from 4-8pm) at Arrington Vineyards (FREE wine tastings!) – This stunning local vineyards is always a good choice. Just make sure you have a DD because it’s a bit of a drive from downtown!
- Nashville Rollergirls (Saturday) at the Nashville Expo Center (ADV $10 – DOS $15) – Think Ellen Page’s movie: “Whip It”
- Matrimony with El El at 3rd & Lindsley Presented by Lightning100 & Yuengling ($10) – Without fail, Lightning 100’s weekly showcase is always something to check out on a Sunday night in Nashville.
- Nashville Predators vs. Washington Capitals (Sunday) at Bridgestone Arena
- Four Films: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Sundays through March 30) at The Belcourt Theater
Of course March Madness continues, so check out the list of bars from last weekend’s post for places to catch the latest games!