Are you a Nashville newbie? Three-year resident and still loving it? Suburbanite? Lifer? Wait, do lifer’s even exist in the “LA of the south”? Whatever your relation to Nashville, take the opportunity that this weekend’s gorgeous weather presents and get out on the town! Here’s what’s on tap for this weekend:
FRIDAY, April 11, 2014
- Rites of Spring Music Festival at Vanderbilt’s Alumni Lawn at 4pm runs through Saturday ($50 ADV/$60 DOS) – Delta Rae, Steve Aoki, The Mowgli’s, Cherub, Two Chainz and LOTS of vandy students
- Nashville Sounds Baseball Opening Day vs Omaha Storm Chasers at Greer Stadium (Prices Vary) – So these games are notoriously a bit slow, but who doesn’t love a beer and a brat while cheering for the home team?
- Whoopi Goldberg at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center at 8pm (Prices Vary) – I have a feeling she won’t be singing anything from Sister Act, but if you like her on The View you’ll probably like this!
- Superchunk with Bully at Mercy Lounge ($15)
- Vinyl Thief with INTL & Phin at The High Watt ($7) – If you’re an indie music fan and you haven’t heard Vinyl Thief or INTL then you really MUST go to this concert. Phenomenal local talent. Worth your time.
SATURDAY, April 12, 2014
- Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival and Walk at Deaderick Street from 9am to 5pm (FREE) – Some good old fashioned family friend fun: a celebration of spring and Japanese culture.
- Tour De Fun 2014 all over East Nashville from 11am to Midnight – Bands, bikes, brews… Lots of students. Highlights some great East Nashville spots.
- EASTerFest at South Inglewood Park from 11am to 12:30pm (FREE) – For the kiddos!
- Lightning 100’s Marathon Village Spring Block Party at Marathon Music Works from 5pm to 11pm ($15 pre-sale, $20 at the door) – This nearly native will be here on Saturday to enjoy some epically talented local bands and food trucks; Hoss’ Loaded Burgers and Jeni’s Ice Cream will be there, c’mon now!
- 15th Annual Ragin’ Cajun Crawfish Boil by Nashville Junior Chamber at Cumberland Park from 4pm to 9pm ($45) – Who doesn’t love a an old fashioned crawfish boil
- Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm (Prices Vary)
- “An Improve Show” by LOL Nashville at 12th & Porter (Two Shows) at 7 & 10 pm ($10) – Improv shows are always a good way to mix up your weekend plans.
SUNDAY, April 13, 2014
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Omaha Storm Chasers at Greer Stadium at 2pm (Prices Vary)
- Soul Night with Jason Eskridge at the 5 Spot from 6pm to 9pm ($5) – If you haven’t heard Jason’s soulful sounds around town yet, give this a shot. He’ll not let you down!
- Ben Taylor & Sam Palladio presented by Lightning 100 & Yuengling at 3rd and Lindsley at 8pm ($12) – Sam Palladio demonstrates his live music chops, proving that he’s not just acting on Nashville when he sings! With Ben Taylor in the mix I’d suggest this for those of you who want a more low key music experience for your Sunday night. This ain’t no hairbanger’s rock show or crazy punk metal music.
There is SO much to do this weekend in our beautiful city! What’re your plans?