Whoa. So this weekend. There’s so much to do in Nashville that it might make your head spin! Choose wisely kemosabe…
FRIDAY, May 2, 2014
- Lana Del Rey with Jimmy Gnecco at Ryman Auditorium at 8pm (SOLD OUT) – Hope you got your tickets!
- The Ben Folds Project at Andrew Jackson Hall at 7:30pm (Friday, Saturday, Sunday PRICES VARY) – Ben Folds onstage with the Nashville Ballet to create a beautiful partnership of music and dance. Perfect Mother’s Day gift? Yes?
- Timber/Timbre with Fiver and Taylor Brashears at Exit/In at 8pm ($14 GA/ $11 May discount) – A night of dreamy, soulful folk music.
- Justin Alan Black, Keelan Donovan EP release, Why Not Be Kings at The Rutledge at 8pm ($5) – Why Not Be Kings has a new EP out y’all: The Cardigan! Spotify that stuff, it’s darn catchy, and the guys of the band are the coolest. Patrick Collum and The Law are also a group of quality guys. Basically you should go to this. It’s lots of fantastic local talent! DO IT!
- West Side Dance Party with Coach and DJ Rate at The Stone Fox at 10pm (FREE)
- Jessica Lea Mayfield with Dylan LeBlanc at Mercy Lounge at 8pm ($12) – Folk/pop/acoustic sets in the intimate setting of Mercy Lounge.
- Seven Lions at Anthem at 10pm ($15)
- Tennessee 2014 Spring Craft Fair at Centennial Park from 10am to 6pm (May 2 – May 4; FREE) – Enjoy the beautiful weather and support Tennesse’s rich craft culture. Family friendly!
- Drew Carey at Zanies Nashville (Various show times on May 2 & 3; $35)
SATURDAY, May 3, 2014
- The Produce Place Strawberry Festival at Produce Place Sylvan Park from 9am to 2pm (FREE) – Local strawberries, live music, and a bike! Check it out!
- Sevier Park Festival at Sevier Park from 10am to 8pm (FREE) – After you sample some strawberries, head over to Sevier Park in 12South/Belmont Hillsboro for music, local neighborhood vendors, fashion, art, and paletas. LOTS of paletas.
- Relay for Life Nashville at Cumberland Park from 10am to 10pm
- Cinco de Mayo 5k/10k for Rebuilding Together Nashville at Tin Roof Nashville at 11am – Last minute workout before copious amounts of Margaritas anyone?
- Tres De Mayo at Riverfront Park from Noon to 8pm ($40 GA/ $80 VIP) – And so the Cinco De Mayo festivities begin. Lots of local vendors, lots of tequila!
- 6th Annual Kentucky Derby Party at Belle Meade Plantation from 3pm until the last race ($100) – There’s so much happening this weekend we almost forgot about the Kentucky Derby! Bring out your big hats ladies!
- Stables and Silks Kentucky Derby Party at Tennessee Equine Hospital from 4pm to 8pm (PRICES VARY) – Fundraising event for Soroptimist International!
SUNDAY, May 4, 2014
- Check out my Do Cinco De Mayo Like a Native for Cinco De Mayo Shenanigans in Nashville!
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 7pm (First come, first serve; FREE)
- Wake Owl with Mimicking Birds presented by Lightning 100 at 8pm at 3rd & Lindsley ($10)
- Reed Pittman Trio at Arrington Vineyards at 2pm (FREE)
- Billy Block Benefit at The Listening Room Café at 5pm ($5 minimum donation) – Help support Billy Blocks’ fight against cancer with a little donation and a whole lotta music!
Don’t panic. I know it’s an epic weekend. Will a Margarita or a Mint Julep be in your hand, or both? Perhaps some live music or some strawberries? Maybe you just want to be crafty. Decide what’s right for you and do it!