Another long week is coming to an end and another amazing weekend is in store for Nashvillians. Don’t let the rain keep you hibernating all weekend, there’s just far too much to do!
FRIDAY, May 9, 2014
- Music City Spirits and Cocktails Festival (Through 5/11) – The inaugural year of this festival is well underway. Don’t miss out on the remaining events this weekend featuring events with Del Maguey Mezcal, Jack Daniels, and Woodford Reserve. The Grand Tasting Gala and the Jack Daniels Experience are not things you want to miss! Who doesn’t need a great excuse to try quality cocktails?!
- Tokyo Police Club with Geographer and Said The Whale at The Mercy Lounge at 9pm ($19.50 ADV/$20 DOS)
- Eat the Street Franklin Food Truck Fest on Downtown Franklin from 5pm to 9pm (FREE) – Food truck heaven. Not even kidding. Pretty much everything good in the world!
- Codaphonic with Jasmin Kaset, DJ Phillips, and Modern Medicine at The 5 Spot at 9pm ($5) – This is a show you won’t want to miss. Some good quality local talent.
- Margot & the Nuclear So & Sos w/Empires & Kate Myers at Exit/In at 9pm ($12 ADV/$15 DOS) – Indie Pop!
- Twista at Club X at 9pm ($20) – “Imma make you a celebrity overnight”
- it’s Spring Break Y’all Party at Marathon Music Works at 5pm (FREE with RSVP) –
- O’More Fashion Show at Liberty Hall, The Factory at Franklin at 8pm ($45) – Junior and Senior year students show off their end of the year designs. Young talent at it’s finest!
- Jason Eskridge at Gray’s on Main at 9pm (FREE)
- Red Earth Trading Co. Trunk Show at Local Honey (5/9 – 5/10) – Need an amazing Mother’s Day present? Check out this truck sale. I ordered my Mother’s Day present from Red Earth!
- National Public Gardens Day at Cheekwood from 10am to 2pm (FREE)
SATURDAY, May 10, 2014
- Iroquois Steeplechase at Percy Warner Park at 9pm ($15 GA/Box Seats SOLD OUT) – Here’s to hoping it doesn’t rain all day tomorrow! Regardless we all know those who are partaking in the infield merriment will be having a good old fashioned day-drinkathon.
- The Weeks with Robert Ellis at Cannery Ballroom at 8:30pm ($15 ADV/ $17 DOS)
- Kansas Bible Company w/Joe Hertler and the Rainbow Seekers at The Stone Fox at 9pm ($7) – Kansas Bible Company knows how to jam y’all and The Stone Fox has the libations to go along with this lively show.
- Musicians Corner with Nathan Angelo, Andy Davis & DeRobert And The Half Truths at Centennial Park from 1:30 to 5:30pm (FREE) – If the weather cooperates this would be the perfect option for a Saturday afternoon in the park.
- Sunflower Cafe’s Spring Marketplace at Sunflower Café from 11am to 3pm (FREE) – Support local and small businesses at this marketplace featuring handcrafted jewelry, home decor, garden supplies, fresh herbs and plants, paper goods, bath and beauty products, and more! Sunflower Café will also have a $10 lunch special! (Veggies rejoice!)
- In the Round with Jenn Bostic, Sarah Darling, Emily Shackelton and Michael Logen at The Bluebird Café at 6:30pm ($7 Food and Beverage Minimum) – An iconic Nashville music venue + an intimate experience virtually sitting with these talented musicians = a pretty freaking cool experience.
SUNDAY, May 11, 2014
- Mother’s Day – PLEASE send your mom a card/flowers, give her a hug, take her to brunch. Check out this list of restaurants with special offers HERE
- Tennessee Renaissance Festival in Arrington, TN from 10am to 6pm ($20 GA/Parking FREE/ Children under 5 FREE)
- The Sunday Post feat. Hugh Mitchell, Jordan DePaul, Casey & The Train, Modern Medicine, & Gina Venier at The Basement at 8pm (NO COVER) – $2 Craft Draft Pints/$1 off all well drinks all night, why would you not?
- Grizfolk plus Phin presented by Lightning 100 at 3rd and Lindsley at 8pm ($10)
- Lain York: Selections from the National Gallery at The Frist at 7pm (FREE for Frist Members & 18 and younger/$10 for adults) – This exhibit presents political prints and history paintings are similar to those displayed at a state museum, a presidential library, or national archives. They feature figures cut from vinyl material, often used in museum signage. Get a little culture in your life, date night anyone?
- Ledisi at War Memorial Auditorium at 8pm (Prices vary) – A soulful songstress with some slick dance moves.
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 7pm (FREE) – Some of the best blues in Nashville. First come, first serve!