Happy Weekend Nashville! Drop all of your weekday worries, let’s get to partying the weekend away!
FRIDAY, May 16, 2014
- Nashville Scene Margarita Festival on Pine Street in The Gulch from 6 to 9pm ($30) – Margarita lovers unite! Get a taste of margs of all types from several local vendors. Some veer off the path of the classic margarita and serve up cocktails with hints of the delicious tequila drink and others just give it to you straight. Makes for a fun and tipsy Friday night!
- Full Moon Pickin’ Party at Percy Warner Park from 7 to 11pm (Adults: $15ADV / $20 DOS; (7-15 years): $10; (7 years & under): Free; Pickers: $5)
- Portugal. The Man with special guest, The Quiet Life at Cannery Ballroom at 8pm ($25)
- Willie Nelson and Family with Allison Krauss, Union Station, and The Devil Makes Three at Woods Ampitheater at Fontanel at 6:30pm (Prices Vary)
- Wild West Comedy Festival at various venues and times (Prices vary) – Starting Thursday 5/15, Nashville’s getting a heavy dose of laughs from the likes of Aziz Ansari, Ralphie May, Ron White, Billy Gardell, Chelsea Handler, Seth Myers, The Lonely Island , Vince Vaughn, Owen Benjamin, Steve Byrne, and MANY more. This is bananas y’all, BANANAS!
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs. Oklahoma City Redhawks at Greer Stadium at 7pm (Prices vary) – Take me out to the ballgame!
- Lulu Mae, El El, and Oak Creek Band at Exit/In at 7pm ($5)
- Ingram New Works Festival at Tennessee Repertore at 7pm ($10) – Make some time to take in some good local theater.
SATURDAY, May 17, 2014
- Ellie’s Run for Africa at Percy Warner Park at 7:30am – 5K and Kids Race; Get in a workout and help fund educational programs for children in Africa; A win/win!
- Capitol District Street Fair at Morgan Park from 11am to 6pm (FREE) – Food Trucks! Live Music! Tour de Nash post party!
- Musician’s Corner at Centennial Park from 12 Noon to 5pm (FREE) – Featuring Jon Mclaughlin, Tristen, 18 South, Jonathan Kingham, Bearheart, and Jamie Kent; Food trucks, activities, live music and the great (urban) outdoors. DONE.
- Rock on the Row ft. Staind, Alter Bridge, 10 Years & more at Cannery Row from 6 to 11pm ($49.50) – I wanna ROCK!
- Nashville Rollergirls at Municipal Auditorium at 5:30pm ($13) – Spice up your Saturday afternoon with this awesome display of female athletic talent.
- Wild West Comedy Festival continues – Chelsea Handler, Dennis Miler, and Mitch Hurwitz to name a few! FYI There is a Chelsea Handler book signing at Peter Nappi at 2pm!
- Rubik’s Groove at 3rd & Lindsley at 9:30pm ($10) – Big hair, don’t care. Need an 80s night? Here it is!
- Roland White Band at Station Inn at 9pm ($12)
- LOL Nashville “It’s Gunna Be May” Show at 12th and Porter at 8pm ($10 ADV/$12 DOS) – Any show that quotes N’Sync is bound to be funny.
SUNDAY, May 18, 2014
- The Bloody Beetroots with JayCeeOh at Marathon Music Works at 8pm ($23 ADV/$25 DOS )
- Wild West Comedy Fest continues – Vince Vaughn, The Lonely Island, Rodney Carrington, Ralphie May… you should probably get to one of these shows.
- Nashville Sunday Night by Lightning 100 & Yuengling featuring Tony Lucca with Kiernan McMullan at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10) – Tony Lucca’s got some catchy tunes y’all. Go check him out.
- Sunday Spotlight with Justin Klump at The Bluebird Café at 6pm
- Nashville Sounds vs. Oklahoma City Redhawks at Greer Stadium at 2pm (Prices vary)
- Southern Sundays at Gray’s on Main in Franklin, TN at 7pm ($15 to $25) – Featuring Mike Hicks, Sharif Iman, and The Myers Brothers
Choose wisely! Choose anything, choose everything!