Memorial Day has come and gone, marking the unofficial start of patio, boating, festival, and all-things-outdoors season! As usual Nashville does not disappoint when it comes to showcasing a plethora of diverse and exciting activities for this weekend. Check it out:
FRIDAY, May 30, 2014
- Brew at the Zoo at The Nashville Zoo at 6pm ($60 GA/$100 VIP) – Food, music, brews! Warning: No kids allowed!
- The Kills at Cannery Ballroom at 8pm ($20 ADV/$25 DOS)
- Waka Flocka Flame at Anthem at 10pm ($20 GA/VIP tables available)
- Nashville Sounds vs Colorado Springs Sky Sox at Greer Stadium (Prices Vary) – Take me out to the ballgame – Friday Fireworks!
- Thad Cockrell (of LEAGUES) with Mark Scibilia at Mercy Lounge at 9pm ($10) – Thad Cockrell shows off his solo singer/songwriter skills in a local Nashvillian favored venue.
- Country Gone Wild Tour ft. The Lacs and Moonshine Bandits at Exit/In at 8pm ($10 ADV/$15 DOS) – Think Kid Rock, Bubba Sparxxx… the ‘outlaw’ country music genre.
- Corey Smith at Tin Roof Nashville at 7pm ($15) – School’s out for summer, so the largely college-aged crowd will be thin for the next few months at this popular Demonbreun bar. This is the PERFECT time for all you 20 somethings to enjoy some great music and atmosphere with a little extra elbow room.
- Americana Experience: Donna Ulissa & The Poor Mountain Boys at Puckett’s Franklin at 8:30pm ($15)
- Jared Logan Live Album Recording at The High Watt at 8pm ($10) – Repping for Comedy Central and VHI; This comedian is recording his show
- Nashville Jazz Orchestra featuring Connye Florance at 3rd & Lindsley at 6:30pm ($10)
SATURDAY, May 31, 2014
- Savor Nashville at The Bridge Building at 10am ($35) – Sample some of the best brunches in town. Do NOT pass this up!
- Brew Grass Party at Little Harpeth Brewing from 6pm to 11pm (No Cover!) – Beer, bands, and brews!
- Musicians Corner with k.s. Rhoads, Lucie Silvas, & Jason Eskridge at Centennial Park at 12pm Noon (FREE) – Great music, beer garden, food trucks, kids activities, a marketplace, AND it’s doggy friendly
- Americana’s Cross-Country Lines at The Park at Harlinsdale Farm at 3pm ($35 ADV/ $40 DOS) – Featuring Patti Griffin and John Hiatt
- East Side Hootenanny w/Them Vibes, bree, Kim Logan, Lauren Farrah at East Park at 4pm (FREE) – Music, Food Trucks, Booze, YES.
- Manchester Orchestra with Balance and Composure & Kevin Devin and The Goddamn Band at Cannery Ballroom at 8pm ($19 ADV/$23 DOS) – A night of rock/alt musical madness.
- Turbo Fruits, Tesla Rossa, Leopold and His Fiction, Commitment Bells at The High Watt at 9pm ($10 ADV/$12 DOS) – More rock/alt madness! Cannery Row is going to be blowing up those speakers Saturday night!
- Local Honey S/S 2014 Film Debut at 903 Church St. at 8pm (FREE, BYOB)
- West Nashville Farmer’s Market at Richland Park from 9am to 12pm Noon (FREE)
- Music City Sports Festival at The Music City Center from 9am to 4pm ($5 One Day/$8 Two Day) – Sports clinics galore and tons of great speakers; Two words: Tim Tebow. Yes, he’ll be there.
- The Nashville Sounds vs. The Iowa Cubs at Greer Stadium 6:35pm (Prices Vary)
SUNDAY, June 1, 2014
- F*ck Your Block Party at Bar No. 308 at 3pm ($5) – Bands, outdoor booze, dunk tank, general merriment, beards.
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 7pm – Never been to this iconic venue? Maybe tonight’s the night!
- Music City Sports Festival at The Music City Center from 10am to 4pm ($5 One Day/$8 Two Day) – The Preds Head Coach and Vandy’s Head Football Coach will be speaking!
- The Sunday Post featuring Repeat Repeat, Mystery Twins, INTL, Beech Benders, Buffalo Rodeo at The Basement at 8pm (FREE) – Drink Specials and solid local musical talent
- The Nashville Sounds vs. The Iowa Cubs at Greer Stadium at 2pm (Prices Vary)
- The Tennessee Association of Vintage Baseball’s The Stewart’s Creek Scouts vs. The Oak Hill Travellers (12 Noon) AND The Dry Town Boys of Roane County vs. Phoenix of East Nashville (2:30pm) at Bicentennial Capital Mall (FREE) – HOW AWESOME! Experience the golden age of 19th Century baseball with players dressed in vintage uniforms playing one of America’s greatest sports!