Now don’t get overwhelmed, with CMA Fest in full swing in addition to it being a typical jam-packed weekend in Nashville, it’s easy to want to avoid the extra traffic around town altogether instead of getting out and trying something new. I am officially challenging you to throw caution (and your normal weekend routine) to the wind and embrace the awesomeness that is occurring this weekend. Now read, click, and plan away my fellow (nearly) natives!
There are tons of artists to check out and a lot of FREE activities and shows for those who didn’t buy tickets to the festival!
Check the website HERE for the artist lineups at each stage.
FRIDAY, June 6, 2014
- Conor Oberst with Dawes at Ryman Auditorium at 8pm (Prices Vary) – For the indie-loving, non-CMA-going Nashvillian
- Kansas at The Schermerhorn Symphony Center at 8pm (Prices Vary) – For all the classic rock lover in you; Catch them while they’re still out touring!
- Chancellor Warhol with Rush Midnight and Nightbox at Mercy Lounge at 9pm ($12 ADV/$15 DOS) – Warhol is some local talent that you simply cannot miss out on. For you locals trying to avoid CMA madness, do yourself a favor and check out this show. Phenomenal performer! Check out his video on Mercy Lounge’s website linked above.
- Ping Pong Summer at Belcourt Theatre at 7:30pm ($7.25 – $9.25) – Ping pong on stage, arcade games, mixtapes, giveaways, and 80s music; Ping Pong tournament at 8pm!
- Earphunk with This is ART and American Gazaway at Exit/In at 8pm ($10) – Feeling like getting funky? We need the Funk, gotta have that funk!
- Krewe at Tennessee Taproom at 4pm (FREE) – Jazz and brews
- The Shoals & Hannah Aldridge at Gray’s on Main at 9pm (FREE) – Americana for the Franklin residents!
- Nashville Flipside Presents “Country Music EXTREME” at Douglas Corner Café at 9pm – Features Kasey Lansdale, Chuck Adams, Angel Mary, and the Tennessee Werewolves
SATURDAY, June 7, 2014
- City of Hope Celebrity Softball Game at Greer Stadium at 9am (Prices Vary) – See a bunch of celebrities in town for the CMAs slugging it out to benefit City of Hope, a non profit finding cures and better treatments for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. 100% of proceeds go to the charity!
- East Side Hootenanny featuring Kink Ador, Heavy Sole, Frances and The Foundation, and The Lower Caves at East Park at 4pm (FREE) – Food trucks, music, drinks, an excuse to be outdoors and away from the CMA tourists downtown… need I say more? VIP tickets available
- Musicians Corner with Paper Bird & Kansas Bible Company at Centennial Park at 12pm NOON (FREE) – Family friend activities, food trucks, picnicking, amazing live music, can’t go wrong!
- Tough Mudder: Nashville at Harvest Point at 9am
- West Nashville Farmer’s Market at Richland Park from 9am to Noon (FREE) – Get some locally produced goodies #supportlocal
- 2014 Porter Summer Market at Chestnut Hill, 10th Avenue S from 10am to 5pm (FREE) – Again #supportlocal y’all, handcrafted artisanal products from talented local folks. Worth a visit!
- Woofstock at Fontanel 2014 at Fontanel Mansion from 10am to 5pm ($20) – Benefiting Bonaparte’s Retreate & Crossroads Campus; Raising money for rescues!
- Arts and Music at Wedgewood/Houston in Wedgewood/Houston from 6pm to 9pm – TONS of local galleries and businesses featuring local talent. A very cool and unique way to see the WeHo neighborhood and it’s talented residents.
- Family Farm Day at Buffalo Valley Farm from 3pm to 7pm (Prices Vary) – Farm-to-table experience featuring local food, educational activities, crafts, live music. Supporting Growing Healthy Kids, increasing access to healthy food in public schools
- The West Side Dance Party at The Stone Fox at 10pm (FREE) – Who doesn’t love a downright awesome (and FREE) dance party?
- Centennial Park Big Band Dance – The Moonlighters at Centennial Park at 7pm (FREE) – Swing dancing!
- My So-Called 90s Band at Mercy Lounge at 9:30pm ($15) – From the days of Nirvana, The Fresh Prince of BelAir, and 90210 comes one of the best cover bands around.
SUNDAY June 8, 2014
- Miss Martha’s Ice Cream Crankin’ at 4815 Franklin Pike from 3pm to 5pm (Prices Vary) – Sample all the homemade ice cream you can eat! Proceeds benefit Martha O’Bryan Center.
- Sunday Spotlight with Great Peacock at The Bluebird Café at 6pm (FREE) – Note that there is a $7 food/beverage minimum per person. Great local talent though, definitely check them out!
- L.P. with Guthrie Brown: Nashville Sunday Night Presented by Lightning 100 at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10)
- Sunday Post: Matt Butcher & The Schoolyard Band (Album Release Show), Josh Scutella, Burning Daylight, The Violet Blues, & Gales at The Basement at 8pm
- Steve Mumford’s War Journals, 2003-2013 at The Frist at 7pm – From 2003 until 2013, artist Steve Mumford travelled to war zones in Iraq and Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, and created artworks to document his experience.
- Symphony Under The Stars at Crockett Park at 8pm (FREE)
- Grassy Knoll Movie Nights at Bongo Java East (lawn) at 7pm ($5/head, $4+can (for Second Harvest), $1/kid (12 and under)
- Splashville at Crying Wolf at 12pm NOON (FREE) – A pop up pool party with yoga, bands, djs, bikinis, boutiques and booze… Mind = BLOWN