Feeling left out because you decided to stay in Nashville this weekend while your friends dominate your social media feeds with epic Bonnaroo pics? Hiding in bed all day because it’s Friday the 13th and the though of a black cat crossing your path gives you the willies? Fear not! Get out of bed and welcome the weekend with open arms! Nashville has tons of things for you to do:
FRIDAY, June 13, 2014
- Grouplove at Exit/In at 8:30pm ($40) – Need some just plain feel good music? This is the show for you. Listen to Tongue Tied, Ways to Go, and Itchin’ on a Photograph to prepare.
- Cause a Scene Secret Show featuring David Ramirez and Angel Snow AT 7:30PM ($15) – Details of the location will be sent to ticket buyers Friday morning!
- Nashville Pride Festival: Pride in Concert at Public Square Park at 4pm ($5 at the door; $25 weekend pass) – QDP, Mary Lambert, NONONO, and JD Samson bring it to the Pride Festival Friday night schedule.
- Full Moon Pickin’ Party at Percy Warner Park Equestrian Center at 7pm (Adults: $15 ADV/$20 DOS; (7-15 years): $10; (7 years & under): Free; Pickers: $5) – Pickers: Check the website for specific instruments to bring! The pickin’ parties DO sell out and are very popular, so get there early!
- Man Overboard w/ Transit, Forever Came Calling & Knuckle Puck at The End at 7pm ($15)
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Tacoma Rainiers at Greer Stadium at 7pm (Prices Vary) – Friday Fireworks!
- D. Striker’s RR Party at The 5 Spot at 9pm – Featuring Justin and the Cosmics, Loney John Hutchins
- The Wizard of Oz at The Schermerhorn Symphony Center at 8pm (Prices Vary)
SATURDAY, June 14, 2014
- West Nashville Farmer’s Market at Richland Park from 9am to 12pm Noon (FREE)
- Musicians Corner feat. Julie Roberts, Majestico, Regi Wooten and Friends, & Centennial Jambands at Centennial Park from 12pm Noon to 5pm (FREE) – Appearances from Will Davenport, Adam Hambrick, and Joy Styles on the Lightning 100 Acoustic Stage plus food trucks, beer garden, kids activities, artisan marketplace, and dogville
- Nashville Pride Festival at Public Square Park at 10am ($5 at the door; $25 weekend pass) – So many great performances! Lisa Loeb, Steff Mahan, and Betty Who among them plus the LGBT Chamber Marketplace and Drag King and Queen show.
- Nashville Equality Walk at Public Square Park at 10am ($5 at the door)
- Nashville Wine & Food Festival at Riverfront Park from 12pm Noon to 5pm ($75 GA/$125 VIP)
- 2nd Annual Boxers and Brews at Craft Brewed from 12pm Noon to 4pm ($25 to Middle TN Boxer Rescue)
- Crackin’ Crawfish to Cure Cancer at Tin Roof from 3pm to 8pm ($30 ADV/$40 DOS) – All proceeds go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for Brent Dougherty’s Man of the Year campaign.
- East Side Hootenanny at East Park at 4pm (FREE) – This week features Buffalo Clover, Stagolee, Mosely, and Cooper & The Jam
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Tacoma Rainiers at Greer Stadium at 6:30pm (Prices Vary) – Fireworks sponsored by Nashville’s News 2; The first 2,000 fans will receive a premium Sounds T-Shirt
- Second Saturday Outdoor Cinema at Belcourt Theatre: Singin’ in the Rain at the Belcourt Theatre at 7pm (FREE) – Saturday’s forecast looks phenomenal so you can watch rain in the movie, rather than get rained on
- The Great Tennessee Airshow at the Smyrna Airport from 8am to 4:30pm ($25 ADV/$30 DOS) – Flying performances, kids activities, food and drink vendors available inside the gates!
SUNDAY, June 15, 2014 – FATHER’S DAY
- Take your dad to Brunch OR to watch The World Cup – Guides courtesy of Nashville Guru!
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Tacoma Rainiers at Greer Stadium at 2pm (Prices Vary)
- Jazz on The Cumberland at Cumberland Park at 5:30pm (FREE)
- The Great Tennessee Airshow at the Smyrna Airport from 8am to 4:30pm ($25 ADV/$30 DOS)
- Nashville Sunday Night feat. Valerie June presented by Lightning 100 at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10)
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 7pm (FREE)
- Frankie Valli at Ryman Auditorium at 7:30pm (Prices Vary) – Who doesn’t love a Jersey Boy?!