Summer has officially arrived! In between scoping out a pool, running from one air conditioned space to another, and constantly craving Jeni’s Ice Cream, make time this weekend for some of these amazing local (and several FREE) events around Nashville:
FRIDAY, June 20, 2014
- Bully, Deluxin’, Dimples at Stone Fox at 9pm ($5) – Alt/Rock Show
- Night Market at Nashville Farmer’s Market from 6 to 8:30pm (FREE) – Restaurants, farmers, food artisans, food, fashion, & craft trucks, special guests. What a unique way to spend your Friday night! Come hungry!
- Justin Forrest at 3rd & Lindsley at 9:30pm ($10)
- Music City Improv at The Building at 8pm ($10 ADV/$12 DOS) – Every show is unique! So even if you’ve been before, you should go back for more!
- Singin’ in the Rain with the Nashville Symphony at The Schermerhorn Symphony Center at 7pm (Prices vary)
SATURDAY, June 21, 2014
- West Nashville Farmer’s Market at Richland Park from 9 am to Noon (FREE)
- East Side Summer Solstice Party at Bongo Java East at 10 am (FREE) – Local bands, artisans, food trucks and beer coming together to celebrate the first day of summer.
- Jefferson Street Jazz & Blues Festival at Bicentennial Mall State Park at Noon ($10 GA/$20 VIP; $15 DOS)
- Taste of Music City at Public Square Park from 5 to 9pm ($50 ADV/$60 DOS) – So many amazing local venders are featured at this festival. Well worth the money and the food coma.
- East Nashville Film Festival at various East Nashville locations at 1pm ($8 Weekend Pass/$18 Day Pass) – Check out the link for more information on the various locations! Proceeds will go towards raising money and awareness for children with disabilities in the East Nashville community.
- Musicians Corner at Centennial Park at Noon (FREE) – Featuring The Steel Drivers, Nick D’ & The Believers, Commitment Bells, and Erin Rae on the main stage; Mercy Child, Morgan Bosman, and Jon Latham on the Lightning 100 acoustic stage
- East Side Hootenanny at East Park at 4pm (FREE) – Featuring Queen City Heist, Derek Hoke, Kansas Bible Company, and Alanna Royale
- Groove in the Gulch on Gleaves Street (FREE; VIP $30) – Featuring The Cunning, Diamond Carter, Rio, and The Hollywood Kills
- Porchfest 2014 on Westhaven Blvd, Franklin at 4pm (FREE) – What a cool thing in Westhaven! Porches throughout the neighborhood will host a variety of musicians and Lightning 100 will be broadcasting from Town Center from 4 to 6 PM. The evening wraps up with a concert on the lake, starting at 8 PM.
- Nashville Rollergirls vs Bleeding Heartland Rollergirls at Municipal Auditorium at 5:30pm ($10 ADV/$15 DOS)
- Centennial Park Big Band Dance: The Paul Ross Orchestra at Centennial Park at 7:30pm (FREE) – Get ready to Tango!
- Sharon Van Etten with Jana Hunter at Exit/In at 8pm ($12 ADV/$15 DOS) – For the folk/indie lovers
- Elvis Costello at The Ryman at 8pm (Prices vary) – Costello is an icon, an obvious choice
- The Whigs with Penicillin Baby and Moseley at Mercy Lounge at 9pm ($12) – The Whigs are out celebrating the release of their new album, a perfect opportunity to catch this ridiculously talented rock trio.
SUNDAY, June 22, 2014
- Even those who aren’t normally soccer lovers will be gathering at local watering holes to watch the U.S. take on Portugal in their next World Cup match. Check out Nashville Guru’s list of places to take part in the football madness HERE. #IBelieveThatWeWillWin
- Farm Fest at Noble Springs (3144 Blazer Road, Franklin) from 3 to 6pm ($10 donation) – Raising awareness for The Land Trust for Tennessee
- East Nashville Film Festival at various East Nashville locations at 1pm ($8 Weekend Pass/$18 Day Pass) – Can’t make it Saturday? Try Sunday!
- Get Hal and Danny to Vegas at Lockeland Table at 5pm ($75) – This meal will feature this year’s Iron Fork secret ingredient, kale, plus the dish that won the title, Holden-Bache’s Rack of Lamb with Kale Slaw. Proceeds will help the Iron Fork winner, Chef Hal Holden-bache get to Vegas to compete!
- Nashville Sunday Night: Hamilton Leithauser & Ben Ottewell at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($15)
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 7pm (FREE) – First come, first serve!