THURSDAY, July 3, 2014
- Thirsty Third: Ditch Day at Jackalope with Hattie B’S at Jackalope Brewery from 2 to 4pm ($15 ADV/$20 DOS) – Start your long weekend early with some delicious chicken and beer. There is no downside here! Entry includes three food/drink tickets.
- Third Annual Independence Rocks: Featuring Delta Saints, Goodbye June, Jamestown Revival, Wind and The Wave at Tin Roof Nashville (Demonbreun) at 5pm ($10 ADV/$15 DOS) – This outdoor concert sponsored by Lightning 100 is well worth your Thursday night
- Nashville Dancin’ feat. The Apache Relay, Steelism, Promised Land Sound, and EL EL at Broadway & 1st at 6pm (FREE) – To kick off 4th of July festivities downtown!
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Memphis Redbirds plus Independence Day Fireworks Celebration at Greer Stadium at 7pm (Prices Vary)
- Southpaw Supper Club, The Grips, AJ & The Jiggawatts at Soulshine Pizza at 6pm
- #TBMT at the ZOO: Independence Day at the Nashville Zoo at 6:30pm (Non-members: $6; Zoo Members: FREE) – Taste of the Wild catering will have food available for purchase, and a cash only bar for wine and beer provided by Bound’ry
- The Heavy Heavy Hearts with The Daily Howl, Hot Mess Loves You, and Guthrie Brown at Exit/In at 8pm ($5) – If you want to rock, then this concert is for you
FRIDAY, July 4, 2014
- Let Freedom Sing! July 4th in the Music City in Downtown Nashville at 10am (FREE) – Featuring Billy Currington, Ashley Monroe, Striking Matches, and The Nashville Symphony
- Music City July 4TH 5K/10K at Public Square Park at 8am ($35 ADV/$40 DOS)
- Franklin on Fourth in Franklin, TN at 10am (FREE) – Family fun for all!
- 4th of July Red, White, and Boom! at Adventure Science Center at 6pm (Prices vary) – Live music, photo booth, live science demonstrations, desserts, and laser show!
- Music City Hot Chicken Festival at East Park from 11am to 3pm (FREE) – Begins with a parade of fire trucks and free Hot Chicken samples! Fest-goers can enjoy delicious local hot chicken, Yazoo brews, live music; Watch as six teams compete in an amateur hot chicken cooking contest
- Sylvan Park Neighborhood Association’s Annual 4th of July Parade in Sylvan Park at 9am (FREE)
- Crockett Park July 4th Celebration with The Kadillacs in Brentwood, TN (FREE)
- Vinyl Radio at 3rd & Lindsley at 7pm ($10)
- Free Burgers at M.L. Rose at Franklin Pike and Charlotte locations ALL DAY
- **Every city in the metropolitan area is having a 4th of July celebration!
SATURDAY, July 5, 2014
- Germantown’s 1/2 Christmas in July Beer Festival at Morgan Park from 2 to 8pm ($50 GA/ $80 VIP) – 100+ beers from 50 craft brewers, tunes by Lightning 100, an ugly 1/2 Christmas 1/2 sweater contest and other shenanigans!
- Brandi Carlile with the Nashville Symphony at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center at 8pm (Prices vary)
- Street Corner Symphony at the Franklin Theater at 7pm (Prices vary) – Locally based a cappella group awesomeness in Franklin
- First Saturday Art Crawl at the Country Music Hall of Fame at 6pm
- Nashville Improv Company at Bongo After Hours, 2007 Belmont Boulevard at 7 and 9pm ($10)
- July 5th Arts & Music at Wedgewood/Houston at various locations at 5:30pm (FREE)
SUNDAY, July 6, 2014
- Splashville in Nashville at the Crying Wolf at Noon (FREE) – Featuring Repeat Repeat, Escondido, and Moseley; Live music, pools, waterslides, food and games. An adult playground!
- Drag n’ Brunch at Suzy Wong’s from 11am to 3pm (FREE) – 2 for 1 mimosa’s and live drag show!
- William Collier’s and Slow Hand Coffee Company’s Weekend Brunch at 11am (FREE)
- Justin Adams’ acoustic set at Puckett’s in downtown Nashville at 8pm
- Nashville Sunday Night featuring Bad Suns with Colony House presented by Lightning 100 at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10) – Bad Suns are SO good y’all. Don’t miss this show. Seriously. Don’t believe me? Listen to THIS.
- Percy Warner Park – Hike, bike, run, walk, or picnic this weekend!
- Percy Priest Lake – Camping, fishing, marinas!
- Stand Up Paddleboarding – A pretty sweet way to spend the afternoon – get active!
- Arrington Vineyards – Wine tasting, picnicking, general merriment!
- Canoeing on the Harpeth – Who doesn’t love a good cabrewing/floating trip?
- Nashville Shores – Go for the day, get a season pass, perfect for all ages!