Our weekends are the equivalent of over 48 hours of happy, instead of just one quick mid-week happy 60 minutes after work. Here are some of the top ways to maximize your happy this weekend in Nashville!
FRIDAY, July 18, 2014
- Dwight Yoakam with Justin Townes Earle at The Woods Amphitheater at Fontanel at 6:30pm (Prices Vary)
- Wine & Swine Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at The Bridge Building at 6:30pm ($75 GA/$100 VIP) – In support of the Middle Tennessee Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, featuring 17 local food vendors along with wine/beer/spirit tasting stations and bars for those in need of a “full pour”; Who doesn’t love to eat and drink for a good cause?
- Jeffrey Ross at Zanies Nashville at 7:30pm & 9:45pm ($25)
- Red Wanting Blue, The Alternative Routes, and Benjy Davis at 12th and Porter at 8pm ($10)
- Music City Improv at The Building at 8pm ($10 ADV/$12 DOS) – Improv, live and video sketch comedy
- Dive-In Moves: The Hunger Games at Nashville Shores at 8:30pm (FREE for camping guests; included with a Nashville Shores season pass or paid water park admission on that day)
- Vinyl Radio at Puckett’s Grocery in Franklin at 8:30pm ($12) – 70s-era music lovers, this is just for you!
- Little District at Tennessee Brew Works at 6pm
SATURDAY, July 19, 2014
- Music City Brewer’s Festival at the Music City Walk of Fame at 12pm (Session A: $39 ADV/$49 DOS; Session B: $59 ADV/ $69 DOS) – Over 40 breweries, delicious food, and live music; Hello perfect Saturday beer-loving activity!
- The Fray with Barcelona and Oh Honey at The Woods Amphitheater at Fontanel at 7:30pm (Prices Vary)
- 12 South Block Party at several businesses in the 12 South neighborhood all day (FREE) – Participating 12 South businesses will have promotions, giveaways, sidewalk sales, food, and raffles!
- Soul Food Festival at the Tennessee Fairgrounds at 3pm, showtime at 5pm ($35 GA) – Delicious and diverse soul food options plus musical entertainment, activities, and giveaways!
- Groove in the Gulch on Gleaves Street at 4pm ($10 GA/$30 VIP) – Featuring Queen City Heist, BREE, Oliver and The Spectacles, Frances and The Foundation, and Kansas Bible Company
- 2014 Pirate Rum Festival at Nashville Shores at 5pm ($50 GA/$100 VIP) – Food trucks, live island music, entertainment (fire spinners, hula, pirate-like fun), and lots of RUM
- POP Dinner Party Presents: Izakaya Otaku at POP Nashville at 6pm ($40)
- imogene + willie: Supper + Song at imogene and willie at 6pm (FREE) – Celebrating imogene + willie’s 5 year anniversary featuring DJ Ben Swank and LEAGUES; get there early!
- Centennial Park Big Band Dance: Rory Partin and his All Star Big Band at Centennial Park at 7:30pm (FREE) – Let’s be honest, how many of you actually know how to do the Foxtrot? NOW is your change to learn!
- Nashville Improv Comedy “I Can Haz Improv?” at Bongo Java at 7pm ($10) – An ode to the internet that will be well worth your time!
SUNDAY, July 20, 2014
- Jazz on the Cumberland at Cumberland Park from 5:30 to 7:30pm (FREE) – Featuring Joe Johnson
- Water-palooza at Nashville Farmer’s Market from 11am to 4pm ($10 GA/$5 Kids; $15 DOS) – Family fun including water activities, watermelons, and a cash bar for adult fun
- Nashville Sunday Night feat. Isaac Hayden with Zeke Duhon and Sam Brooker at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10)
- Fish and Chips at Arrington Vineyards from 2 to 6pm (FREE) – If you’ve never been (OR you’ve been ten times) to this beautiful local winery, a visit is a must!
- Burlesque Off Broadway at Anthem at 9pm ($10) – Burlesque entertainment plus prizes!
- Sudonistas, Sweaters, The Saturday Night Specials at Springwater Supper Club at 8pm
- The Sunday Post feat. The Grayces, Heavy Heavy Hearts, The Singles, The Plastic Bags, & Amy Darling at The Basement at 8pm