The weekend is upon us again and Nashville is never without an insane amount of entertaining options. Whether you’re into live music, nonprofit events, festivals, beer or boxed wine, there’s something for you to celebrate your 48 (plus) hours of freedom with:
FRIDAY, July 25, 2014
- Ray Lamontagne with The Belle Brigade at the Woods Amphitheater at Fontanel at 7pm (Prices Vary) – Ray’s cool and sultry tunes will make for a beautiful Friday night at the Woods
- Vanilla Ice with Coolio at Tin Roof (Demonbreun) at 7pm ($15 ADV/$20 DOS) – You should go just to see if Vanilla Ice sings anything other than “Ice Ice Baby”
- Frist Fridays feat. Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives at The Frist Center’s Turner Courtyard from 6 to 9pm (FREE) – Watch this country music icon at work!
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Oklahoma City Redhawks at Greer Stadium at 7pm (Prices Vary) – Friday Fireworks!
- Schwing w/ Coach, Matt Friction & Travitron at No. 308 at 9pm (FREE) – 90s music DJ dancing all night long
- Cardboard Kids with Phin and Secret Club at The Basement at 9pm ($5)
- The Black Abbey Presents Christmas in July featuring Art Four Sale at Black Abbey Brewing Company at 9pm ($10) – Entry includes a beer!
- Dive-In Movies: Despicable Me 2 at Nashville Shores at 8:30pm – Admission included with a Nashville Shores season pass or paid water park admission on that day or FREE for campers
- Red Bull Sound Select presents: Diarrhea Planet with Blank Range & Music Band at Exit/In at 8pm ($3 with RSVP) – Rock your face off
SATURDAY, July 26, 2014
- Music City Open Water Swim Benefiting Nashville Dolphins at Riverfront Park at 9am ($25 for 400 meter; $35 for 1500 meter)
- Uncorked! Nashville’s First Box Wine Festival at Cumberland Park from Noon to 6pm ($40) – Don’t deny it, boxed wine is a guilty pleasure that we’ve all taken part in and we LOVED it! Franzia forever! Wine samples, DJ Jack from The 5 Spot, food trucks
- Hot Wing Face Off at Bridgestone Arena from 3 to 7pm ($35) – All you can eat chicken wings, free Predators ticket, cornhole, silent auction, live music and entertainment! Sponsored by the Nashville Predators
- Nashville Rollergirls vs. Demolition City Roller Derby at Municipal Auditorium at 5:30pm ($15)
- Big Band Dance – Music City Swing at Centennial Park at 7:30pm (FREE) – Swing dancing!
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Oklahoma City RedHawks at Greer Stadium at 6:30pm (Prices Vary) – Saturday Fireworks!
- [San Fransisco] Meets Nashville: “Poetic Culinaria” at POP Nashville at 7 & 7:45pm ($200; $50 for paired beverage service) – Featuring the only female two-star Michelin chef in America, Chef Dominique Crenn!
- Music City Burlesque at Marathon Music Works at 8pm ($15 ADV/$20 DOS)
- Andy Davis with Grant Terry at 3rd & Lindsley at 9:30pm ($10) – Some soulful pop for your Saturday night
- National Dance Day at Nashville Ballet! at The Martin Center for Nashville Ballet from 10am to 1pm (FREE) – Try out a variety of free classes!
- Outlaw Serenade, Lost Generation, Fever Hound, Piranah at Foobar at 9pm ($5)
- Minnesota at Anthem at 10pm ($12 GA/$15 VIP) – Dance the night away to this successful DJ
- Back When 80s/90s Dance Party at The Stone Fox at 10pm ($5) – Five bucks to dance the night away to your favorite classic 80s and 90s hits? Is that even a question?
SUNDAY, July 27, 2014
- Glitter and Glam at the Hutton Hotel from 5 to 8pm ($70) – Cocktails and hors d’ouevres, silent and live auction, and travel packages; Benefiting Agape Animal Rescue
- Music City Triathlon at LP Field at 6am ($100 OR FREE if you want to watch) – Registration closed on Wednesday, but if you’ve got friends involved bust out the signs and mimosas!
- Bizarre Bazaar at Hail, Dark Aesthetics 737 Porter Rd from 11am to 5pm (FREE) – Featuring tons of artisan booths, live music, and tarot card readings
- Bollywood Night with Maneet Chauhan at Anthem at 8pm ($10) – Get a taste of Maneet Chauhan’s Indian street food before her Ale & Masala House opens up! From personal experience, the food 100% worth it!
- Nashville Sunday Night: Clairy Browne & the Bangin’ Rackettes at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10) – Claire Browne brings some sultry 60s vibes to Lightning 100’s Sunday night broadcast
- Sunday Night Blues Jam Hosted by Kenny Olson at Soulshine Pizza 6pm – Beer, pizza, and blues. Done.
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Oklahoma City RedHawks at Greer Stadium at 6:30pm (Prices Vary) – No fireworks, but there’s a military discount!
- The Sunday Post: The Tom Pappas Collective, Scale Model, Sexx, Radio Rebels, & The Company at The Basement at 8pm (FREE)
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 8pm (FREE) – First Come First Serve!