Happy August! It’s been said that August is the Sunday of Summer, so don’t waste any time sitting in front of the television this weekend. There are too many things to keep you out of the house to waste however many beautiful summer days (and nights) we have left!
FRIDAY, August 1, 2014
- Funky Meters with DeRobert & the Half Truths and DJ Kidsmeal at Mercy Lounge at 9pm ($20 ADV/$25 DOS)
- Steely Dan at Ryman Auditorium at 8pm (SOLD OUT) – Hope you got your tickets!
- West Side Dance Party feat. Coach and DJ Rate at The Stone Fox at 10pm
- Strictly 80’s at The 5 Spot at 10pm
- Michael Winslow at Zanie’s Nashville at 7pm ($17)
- The Heavy Heavy Hearts with Justin Forrest at 12th & Porter at 9pm ($10)
- Hot Nights at the Hall: Holly Williams at The Country Music Hall of Fame at 7pm (FREE for Museum Members) – Autograph signing, light food and cash bar for museum members to enjoy!
- The Bacon Brothers at The Franklin Theater at 8pm (SOLD OUT) – Hope you got your tickets because we’re talking Kevin Bacon here. Yes, like “6-degrees of separation in Hollywood” Kevin Bacon. He writes music too!
- Dive-In Movies: Pitch Perfect at Nashville Shores at 8:30pm
SHOP TILL YOU DROP! It’s Tax-Free Weekend at Opry Mills, The Avenue in Murfreesboro, Stones River Mall, The Franklin Visitors Center and many more! Check your favorite store for special discounts! (8/1 – 8/3)
SATURDAY, August 2, 2014
- William Collier’s & Slow Hand Coffee Company’s Weekend Brunch at William Collier’s at 11am
- Michael Franti & Spearhead with SOJA, Brett Dennen, Trevor Hall at The Woods Amphitheater at 6pm ($38)
- Food Truck Meet Up at Sevier Park from 4 to 8pm (FREE) – Featuring Pappy’s Mobile Cafe, The Peach Truck, Crankee’s, Moover’s and Shakers for food trucks; Local vendors: Project 615, Blue Sky Cottage, No41, Red Earth Trading Company, Blush Boutique, The Well, Morning After Ministries, Banded
- Great Peacock, Belle Adair, and Erin Rae at The Stone Fox at 9pm ($7) – Google ‘Tennessee” by Great Peacock, you won’t be sorry. Then go to this show. Well worth your time!
- Steely Dan at Ryman Auditorium at 8pm (SOLD OUT)
- POP Dinner Party: Tapas y Paella at POP Nashville at 6pm ($35) – Why spend $35 cooking that chicken dinner or getting that take-out when you can have delicious tapas and paella?!
- Centennial Park Big Band Dance: Debbi Bailes and Her Band at Centennial Park at 7:30pm (FREE) – Get ready to tango!
- Rubik’s Groove at 3rd & Lindsley at 9:30pm ($10)
- Nashville Improv Comedy at Bongo After Hours Theater at 7pm ($10) – Late night tv style (Think Letterman, The Tonight Show, etc.)
- First Saturday Art Crawl at The Country Music Hall of Fame from 6 to 9pm (FREE)
- Anderson Art Show at Deavor at 8pm – Check out this awesome coworking space with goodies and music to go along with it from Leah Lawson, James Roquemore, and Shawn Conerton
SUNDAY, August 3, 2014
- 3st of the Month – August 2014: Booze 101 at Acme Seed & Feed from 3 to 6pm – Invite only!
- Emerging Chef’s Dinner Series featuring Matt Clement at POP Nashville at 6pm ($35) – Customized menu by the Pastry Chef of Flyte World Dining
- Nashville Sunday Night feat. Trigger Hippy with Joan Osborne at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($18)
- Gin Blossoms at Tin Roof Broadway at 9pm (FREE) – Come out and help Tin Roof celebrate it’s newest location conveniently located on Broadway
- Passenger, The Once, and Stu Larsen at Marathon Music Works at 7pm ($25)
- Sunday Post feat. Justin & The Cosmics, Prayer Flags, Moon Age, Jonny Kaplan, & Bootleg Glory at The Basement at 8pm (FREE)
- Michael Winslow at Zanie’s Nashville at 7:30pm ($17)
- 16th Avenue Jazz at Arrington Vineyard from 2 to 6pm (FREE) – Haven’t you heard? A glass of red wine is good for the heart