We’re deep into the “dog days of summer” here in Nashville. The kids are heading back to school, but the heat is still on and we’re still loving our quality time by the pool. Keep the summertime spirit alive this weekend by braving those warm afternoons (and chance for rain) to check out the amazing events happening around town!
AND scope out a place now to catch the Annual Perseid Meteor Shower and super moon that will be lighting up the sky this weekend through 8/12. You might think it’s nerdy, but it could also be the best way to impress a date or give you an excuse to meet up with friends!
FRIDAY, August 8, 2014
- Tomato Art Fest Free Concert at Five Points, East Nashville at 7pm (FREE) – featuring Chancellor Warhol, Buffalo Rodeo, and Majestico; Food trucks, live art, drinks, and MORE!
- Full Moon Pickin’ Party at Percy Warner Equestrian Center at 7pm (Adults: $15 ADV/$20 DOS; (7-15 years): $10; (7 years & under): Free; Pickers: $5) – featuring Johnny Campbell & The Bluegrass Drifters, The Farmer & Adele, and The GrasStains
- Rodrigo y Gabriela at Ryman Auditorium at 8pm ($35 & $45) – Check out their latest album, “9 Dead Alive” to see if this rock guitar group will get you out of your seat like they do for thousands around the world
- Girl Code: Jessimae Peluso and Carly Aquilino at Zanie’s Nashville at 7:30 & 9:45pm ($20)
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Round Rock Express at Greer Stadium at 7pm (Prices Vary) – Fireworks! Yay!
- Ray Wylie Hubbard at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($15)
- Floating Action, Cotton Jones, James Wallace And The Naked Light at Stone Fox at 9pm ($10) – Music samples are on the website, click the link!
- Little Daylight with Young Rising Sons at Mercy Lounge at 9pm ($10) – Get in that dose of awesome electropop that you’ve been craving; listen to Little Daylight’s music HERE
- Afton Concerts present Isaac Sharp, Danger Scene, Austin Yarbrough, Ko-Op Boyz, Thraxxup, Monet & Blackheart Nation at The End at 6pm ($13)
SATURDAY, August 9, 2014
- Tomato Art Fest at Five Points, East Nashville at 9am (FREE) – Live music from Andrew Leahey and the Homestead, Marquee Mayfield, Kink Ador, EL EL and MORE; Parade, Food Trucks, Contests, Tomato Art and DUH, lots of fresh tomatoes
- East Nashville Tomato 5K at Five Points, East Nashville at 7am ($40 late registration) – There is a Kids Fun Run (1 mile) too!
- Mas Tacos 2nd Annual Taco Eating Contest at Mas Tacos Por Favor at 3:30pm – The perfect excuse to eat even more Mas Tacos (More more tacos?!)
- Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers at LP Field at 7pm (Prices Vary) – Even if it’s just a preseason game FOOTBALL IS BACK! Who wouldn’t be a little excited?
- Second Saturday Outdoor Cinema at Belcourt Theatre: High Noon at 7:30pm – A good old-fashioned Western; Get out your cowboy boots and moonshine for this one
- Centennial Park Big Band Dance – The J. Bradley Big Band at Centennial Park at 7:30pm (FREE) – Get ready to Salsa your heart out (not the eating kind, go to the Tomato Fest for that)
- David Gray at Ryman Auditorium at 8pm (SOLD OUT) – Hope you got your tickets!
- Family Day at OZ Nashville from Noon to Noon to 4pm ($25/ Kids under 12 are FREE) – Featuring Dan Zanes and Friends
- Nashville Rollergirls Doubleheader at Municipal Auditorium at 5:30 and 7pm ($10 ADV/ $15 DOS) – Watch the Music City Brawl Stars take on the Bay Street Bruisers at 5:30, then stay for the Music City All Stars versus CN Power
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Round Rock Express at Greer Stadium at 6:30pm (Prices Vary) – Fireworks again! Yay!
- Girl Code: Jessimae Peluso and Carly Aquilino at Zanie’s Nashville at 7 & 9pm ($20)
- Chuck Inglish: Birth of the Originals Jamfest at Exit/In at 7pm ($20)
- Emmy Nash with Dawn Landes at The Basement at 7pm
- US Royalty with Golden Youth and Favorite Sons at The High Watt at 9pm ($12) – Some catchy indie rock tunes for your Saturday evening
SUNDAY, August 10, 2014
- Nashville Sunday Night feat. honeyhoney with Kristina Train at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10)
- Grassy Knoll Movie Nights showing Alien at Bongo Java East at 7pm – $5, $4+can (for Second Harvest), $1/kid (12 and under)
- Girl Code: Jessimae Peluso and Carly Aquilino at Zanie’s Nashville at 7:30pm ($20)
- Nashville Sounds Baseball vs Round Rock Express at Greer Stadium at 6:30pm (Prices Vary) – Military Sunday!
- Jolie Holland with Magic Mouth at the High Watt at 8pm ($15)