Although it may be the unofficial end of summer, the heat is still on and the Nashville event lineup is strong. So don’t hide inside, soak up every last bit of the long weekend!
FRIDAY, August 29, 2014
- Nashville Scene Sounds Like Summer at Mercy Lounge at 8pm (FREE) – Featuring Fly Golden Eagle, Quilt, Ranch Ghost, Stone Jack Jones, James Wallace and the Naked, Light and Shy Guy
- The Black Whiny Cats w/Stack, Falcon One & The Simpletons at The End at 9pm ($5)
- Sinbad at Zanies Nashville at 7:30 & 9:45pm ($30)
Schwing: Your favorite 90’s night w/ Coach & Matt Friction at Bar No. 308 at 9pm (FREE)
- The Little Harpeth Backyard Jam at Little Harpeth Brewing at 7pm (FREE)
- A Nightmare on Elmstreet at The Belcourt at Midnight ($9.25 for Adults) – Part of their Midnight Movies series; Go give yourself nightmares
- Frist Fridays: The Super Tyrone Review (Super T) at The Frist at 6pm (FREE for Frist Members; $10 GA) – A famous party band covering hits from classic rock to R&B.
- Amber’s Drive at Puckett’s Boathouse at 7:30pm
- Eaglemaniacs: The Music Of Don Henley and The Eagles at 3rd & Lindsley at 7:30pm ($10)
- Deep Fried 5 Album Release Party at Exit/In at 8pm ($5) – Featuring Dynamo, Derobert & The Half-Truths, and Chris West & The Junkyard Horns
- Nashville Shakespeare in the Park at Centennial Park at 6pm ($10 Suggested Donation) – Presenting “As You Like It”; Food trucks available starting at 6pm!
SATURDAY, August 30, 2014
- Nashville Street Food Awards at The Nashville Farmers’ Market from 11am to 5pm (FREE) – The amount of food trucks trolling the streets of Nashville has blown up in recent years and the competition is stiff for this year’s awards. Why miss out on the chance to try the elusive truck that you always seem to miss out on or vote for the one you go to at every outdoor event?!
- Nashville Scene Sounds Like Summer at Mercy Lounge at 8pm (FREE) – Featuring The Coolin’ System, AJ & The Jiggawatts. Alanna Royale, Magnolia Sons, Courtney Jaye, and Promised Land Sound
- Back When 80s/90s Dance Party at The Stone Fox at 10pm ($5)
- Six One Live Fest at Dan McGuiness at 3pm (FREE) – Featuring Julia Cole, Elliot Root, Courtney Farquhar, Reverse Buzzards, Alex Hall, The Cunning, Trigger Code, Modoc, and The Wans
- Sinbad at Zanies Nashville at 7 & 9pm ($30)
- A Nightmare on Elmstreet at The Belcourt at Midnight ($9.25 for Adults)
- TIRRC’s 2nd Annual Inter’NASH’ional Food Crawl at TIRRC (2195 Nolensville Pike) from Noon to 3pm ($10)
- Centennial Park Big Band Dance – The Moonlighters at Centennial Park at 7:30pm (FREE) – It’s Rumba time! Hopefully the rain will hold off this week!
- The Nearly Deads with We Are the Finale, The Hollywood Kills & The House United at Exit/In at 8pm ($5)
LEONA + Consider the Wldflwrs = POP UP PARTY! at LEONA: Nashville from Noon to 6pm (FREE) – Shoppers receive a gift with purchase and can enter to win a giveaway
SUNDAY, August 31, 2014
- Rewind BarBQ Festival 2014 at Riverfront Park at 4pm ($25 GA/$35 VIP)
- The Mike Eagle Show Feat. Open Mike Eagle, Corporate Juggernaut & Blackcat Sylvester at The Stone Fox at 7:30pm (FREE)
- Actual Brunch at Pop Nashville at 10am
- Nashville Shakespeare in the Park at Centennial Park at 6pm ($10 Suggested Donation)
- Martina McBride at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($20) – Presented by Lightning 100; This event is Sold Out, hope you have your tickets!
- The Sunday Post at The Basement at 8pm (FREE) – Featuring Faux Ferocious, The MisFruits, Sexx, Ben Spinks Supermelt, & Beef Oven
- Sinbad at Zanies Nashville at 7pm ($30)
MONDAY, September 1, 2014
- Keep on Movin’ Motown Monday at The 5 Spot at 10pm
- Ripley with Erica Blinn & The Handsome Machine, The Stone Electric & Safe Secrets at The End at 8pm ($5)
- Watch Me Move: The Animation Show at The Frist at 10am ($10 for Adults; Members are FREE )
- Nashville Shakespeare in the Park at Centennial Park at 6pm ($10 Suggested Donation) – See it before it’s over!!
- The Time Jumpers at 3rd & Lindsley at 9pm ($20) – A western swing band for your Labor Day
- Percy Warner Park – Hike, bike, run, walk, or picnic this weekend!
- Percy Priest Lake – Camping, fishing, marinas!
- Stand Up Paddleboarding – A pretty sweet way to spend the afternoon – get active!
- Arrington Vineyards – Wine tasting, picnicking, general merriment!
- Canoeing on the Harpeth – Who doesn’t love a good cabrewing/floating trip?