Hello Fall? The calendar might say that the season of pumpkins, cider, candy corn, and turkey has arrived, but temps in Nashville continue to entice us to get poolside for as long as we possibly can. Embrace this beautiful weather and get out on the town this weekend! When fall finally does settle on Middle Tennessee you’ll be longing for these days of poolside pumpkin beer.
FRIDAY, September 26, 2014
- CMS Presents: Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, and Ben Hayslip at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($20)- Benefitting Wounded Warriors Project
- SoBro Fest 2014 at Trolley Barns, 41 Peabody Street from 3 to 7pm (FREE; $5 Drink Ticket) – Celebrate SoBro’s blossoming tech scene with brews, dunk tank, and food trucks
- Lightning 100 Presents: Friday Afternoon Live at 12th & Porter at 5pm (FREE) – Featuring Nashville Indie sweetheart, Vinyl Thief
Schwing: Tiffani Amber Theissen Tribute w/ Coach & Matt Friction at No. 308 at 9pm (No Cover)
- Randy Rogers Band with Wade Bowen at Ryman Auditorium at 8pm (Prices Vary)
- Lockeland Springsteen Presents: Heaven’s Jail Band, The Cunning, Them Vibes at The Stone Fox at 9pm ($7)
- Experience Hendrix at The Schermerhorn at 8pm (Prices Vary) – Who doesn’t love a little Jimi Hendrix
- The New Nashville at Wildhorse Saloon at 7pm ($6 after 6pm) – Featuring California Country Club, Justin Adams, and Tim Montana and the Shrednecks
- Rocketown Cover Show at Rocketown at 6pm ($8) – Featuring Taking Back Sunday (Since Forever)
Fall Out Boy (Farewell Fighter), The Used (We are the Finale), My Chemical Romance (Rivera), Hatebreed/Throwdown (Hysteria)
- Tennessee Craft’s Fall Fair at Centennial Park from 10am to 6pm (FREE) – Local artists, crafts, food vendors, kids’ activities, and artisan demonstrations!
- Nashville Comic Con at The Music City Center from 10am to 7pm ($40 one-day/$80 weekend)
SATURDAY, September 27, 2014
- Musician’s Corner at Centennial Park at 12pm Noon (FREE) – Featuring Josh Rouse, Gabe Dixon, Mike Hicks & The Funk Puncs, Keelan Donovan; Food trucks, brews, and other fun booths; It’s free people, it would be ridiculous of you to not go..
- Black Abbey Brewing Company 1st Anniversary at Black Abbey Brewing from 5 to 10pm ($35) – Featuring The Down Home Band and The Big Rock Show; Bottomless beer and food item included in admission!
- Southern Artisan Cheese Festival at the Neuhoff Building, 1619 Adams Street from 2 to 6pm ($45 GA/$29 Economy) – A festival that is all about CHEESE, could it get any better?! Oh well it can… there’s food, wine, and cider too
- Nashville Predators vs. Florida Panthers at Bridgestone Arena at 3 & 7pm (Prices Vary) – Here we go preseason!
- Mikky Ekko with Basecamp, Denitia and Sene at Acme Feed & Seed at 8pm ($3 with RSVP)
- Exit/In 43rd Anniversary Party at Exit/In at 7pm ($15) – Featuring Jim Lauderdale’s Electric Retrospective with Nikki Lane & Lucite
- The Boom Bap at The 5 Spot at 9pm ($10) – Time to leave it all on the dancefloor
- Back When 80s/90s Dance Party at The Stone Fox at 10pm ($5) – Need some inspiration? Listen to THIS Spotify playlist
- Jars of Clay 20th Anniversary Concert at Franklin Theater at 7pm ($125)
- Tennessee Craft’s Fall Fair at Centennial Park from 10am to 6pm (FREE)
- Nashville Comic Con at The Music City Center from 11am to 5pm ($50 one-day/$80 weekend)
- Colony House CD Release Show with Knox Hamilton at Mercy Lounge at 8pm ($10 ADV/$15 DOS)
SUNDAY, September 28, 2014
- Chicago at Ryman Auditorium at 7:30pm (Prices Vary)
- Marc Broussard with Andy Suzuki & Mingo Fishtrap at City Winery at 7:30pm (SOLD OUT) – Check City Winery’s website for upcoming shows, they sell out fast!
- Nashville Sunday Night: Neulore with Justin Kalk Orchestra at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10) – Presented by Lightning 100 – Eclectic New Age Folk Rock .. new music category created by yours truly 😉
- Bonobo with Jungle at Marathon Music Works at 7pm ($20 ADV/$23 DOS) – Dance to your hearts desire on a Sunday Night
- Nashville Comic Con at The Music City Center from 3 to 8pm ($45 one-day/$80 weekend)
- Tennessee Craft’s Fall Fair at Centennial Park from 10am to 5pm (FREE)
- The Sunday Post at The Basement at 8pm (FREE) – Featuring Magnolia Sons, I Am Johnny P, Alicia Michilli, Zach Longoria Project, & Valerie Mize
P.S. Here’s a list of some places you should probably check out before it gets too cold to wait in line outside in the winter months:
- Santa’s Pub – This place is packed (and pretty smokey) on the weekends. Get out to Santa’s for some epic karaoke and PBR action this weekend so that you’re able to get outside for a breather without freezing your butt off. CASH ONLY!
- Tootsie’s Rooftop – The rooftop patio at Tootsie’s is on of the best views on Broadway, but colder times are coming and that rooftop won’t be so fun when you’re shivering.
- Pub 5 Rooftop – Again, some of the best views of Broadway, but Pub 5 seems to keep some of the Broadway crazies at bay. Check out the rooftop before it’s time to bring out the puffy coats!
- The Boom Bap at The 5 Spot – This line gets loooong very quickly. It’s easier to wait in it when it’s nice outside, isn’t it?
- Rebar – OK. If you’ve lived here for more than 5 seconds you’ve probably been to Rebar. I think we can all agree it’s better in the summer months when the masses of people can spread out across the patio. Better to go now than in January, right?