Well hello fall weather, thanks for catching up with the calendar and those Nashviliians that have been rocking cardigans and leather jackets since mid-August. Locals have been lusting after 70 degree days for some time now, so the cool air is a welcome change and is perfect for making your rounds at this weekend’s events!
FRIDAY, October 3, 2014
- Chromeo with Wave Racer at Marathon Music Works at 8pm ($28)
- Nathan Angelo with Steve Means at The Rutledge at 8pm – These guys put on a good show. Just believe us and go.
- Full Moon Pickin’ Party at Percy Warner Park Equestrian Center at 7pm (Adults: $20 DOS; (7-15 years): $10; (7 years & under): Free; Pickers: $5) – It’s the last one of the season, don’t miss out!
- Anders Osborne at City Winery at 8pm ($25 – $30) – Dinner and a show anyone? You know you want to be one of the first in Nashville to experience the trendiest new music venue & restaurant
- AJ & The Jiggawatts at Soulshine Pizza at 9pm – Get your pizza, get your beer, listen to some jams
- 3st of the Month: Tikitober (Members ONLY) at Track One from 6 to 9pm
- West Side Dance Party at The Stone Fox at 10pm (FREE)
- Wilson Phillips at Wildhorse Saloon at 7:30pm (Prices Vary) – Let’s be honest, we’ve all seen Bridesmaids…
- Franklin Art Scene in Franklin, TN from 6 to 9pm (FREE/ $5 unlimited trolley ticket available) – Celebrating local artists at 20 participating locations
SATURDAY, October 4, 2014
- Musician’s Corner at Centennial Park at 12pm Noon (FREE) – Featuring Melinda Doolittle, Jonathan Scales Fourchestra, Revolfusion, Viva Mexico; Beer, wine, food, dogs, kids, music… too obvious of a choice?
- The Mac and Cheese Festival at the Opryland Event Lawn from 2 to 6pm ($35 GA) – A whole festival dedicated to Mac and Cheese… are you KIDDING me? Heaven IS a place on earth y’all.
- Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival at Centennial Park at 10am (FREE) – Representing over 50 cultures in Nashville through dance, music, visual arts, a Global Village, and delicious ethnic foods
- Music City Yoga Festival at 429 Chestnut St, Nashville, TN 37203 (2 Sessions; $40 per session)
- Nashville AIDS Walk and 5K Run at Public Square Park at 11am ($25)
- SoNa Fest at Dudley Park from 2:30 to 9pm (FREE) – Celebrate Southern Nashville with art, music, a Pumpkin Patch, food/drink, and art demos
- Arts & Music at Wedgewood/Houston will also have several gallery shows as part of SoNa Fest!
- The Grape Stomp Festival at O’More College of Design from 3 to 6pm ($50 GA)
- Setstyle: A Fashion, Music Showcase at Mercy Lounge at 9pm (FREE) – Local stores showcasing their best garments plus local artists that are the Bomb Dot Com… and it’s free… it’s a no brainer
- Alanna Royale with Kansas Bible Company & EL EL at Exit/In at 8pm ($10)
- Somo Presents: The Wide Awake Tour with Francesco Yates at Marathon Music Works at 7pm ($23 GA)
- Jerry Lee Lewis with Linda Gail Lewis at The Ryman at 8pm (Prices Vary) – Yes, “Great Balls of Fire” Jerry Lee Lewis; Pay your respects to this early rock n’ roll legend
- First Saturday Art Crawl at 5th Avenue of the Arts from 6 to 9pm (FREE)
- Fall Fest at the Hermitage at 10am ($5 for adults) – Music, food, art, and history at the historic home of President Andrew Jackson
- Handmade Harvest Vintage Farm Fair in Bethpage, TN (FREE) – Artists, Bluegrass and BBQ: sounds thoroughly southern
- Race the Hill at Demonbreun Hill at 11am – Team race using anything with pedals; The more creative, the better!
SUNDAY, October 5, 2014
Fall Fest at Green Door Gourmet from 12pm Noon to 6pm
- Chattanooga Whiskey Cocktail Competition at Crying Wolf from 1 to 5pm (FREE) – Handcrafted Chattanooga Whiskey cocktails by competing bartenders plus brunch!
- Tennessee Titans vs Cleveland Browns at LP Field at 12pm Noon (Prices Vary)
- Musical Petting Zoo at Hermitage Fall Fest at 10am
- Nashville Improv Auditions at Bongo After Hours Theater from 1 to 4pm
- Nashville Sunday Night Presented by Lightning 100 at 3rd & Lindsley at 7pm ($16) – Featuring Allen Stone with Bad Rabbits
- The Sunday Post at The Basement at 8pm (FREE) – Featuring Chrome Pony, Feedback Revival, That’s My Kid, Blackfoot Circle, & The Daycations; $2 Craft Pints!
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 7pm (FREE) – Experience one of Nashville’s historical music venues and some darn good music; First come, first serve