Just go ahead and start celebrating Thanksgiving now because the short week that most of us have next week means that our brains are already in a turkey coma. (Insert short holiday week celebratory jig here). Now get to your weekend plans already!
FRIDAY, November 21, 2014
- Steve Taylor & The Perfect Foil with Fleming and John at Cannery Ballroom at 8pm ($20 GA)
- Same As It Ever Was: A Talking Heads Tribute at Exit/In at 8pm ($10) – Flow Tribe opening
- Lightning 100 Presents: Friday Afternoon Live at 12th & Porter at 5pm – Featuring Steve Moakler
- Jim Norton at Zanies Nashville at 7:30 & 9:45pm ($25) – Two-time New York Times bestselling author and the host of The Jim Norton Show, on Vice.com.
- Shannon Labrie with Joseph Aaron, Kyshona Armstrong and Matthew Thomas at Mercy Lounge at 8:30pm ($7 ADV/$10 DOS)
- Phunky Reggae Party at The Stone Fox at 9pm – Featuring Roots of a Rebellion, RaShad Tha Poet, Soul Mechanic, The Get Right Band
- The 2014 5th Annual Glendale Getdown at Marathon Music Works at 7pm ($20) – This event is a fundraiser for Glendale Elementary Spanish Immersion School with Live karaoke-style music sung by Glendale Elementary parents and staff
- Butcher’s Cut Friday presented by Porter Road Butcher & Black Abbey Brewing at Crows Nest at 5pm
- Music City Improv at The Building at 8pm ($10 ADV/ $12 DOS)
- Korn, Slipknot & King 810 at Bridgestone Arena at 7:30pm (Prices Vary)
SATURDAY, November 22, 2014
- Riff Raff with Herobust & Manic Focus at Anthem at 10pm ($20)
- Nashville Predators vs. Florida Panthers at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm (Prices Vary)
- The Boom Bap at The 5 Spot 9pm ($10 Cover) – Featuring Tony Touch
- The Nashville Auto Show at The Music City Center from 10am to 9pm (Adults $9/ Children $5)
- Streets of Laredo at The High Watt at 9pm ($8/$10/$12)
DETOX | RETOX: Yoga at Tennessee Brew Works at 12:30pm ($15 includes Yoga & a Pint of Beer or Kombucha) – Led by Gillian St. Clair of Steadfast and True Yoga
- Mayday Brewery 2nd Anniversary Celebration at Mayday Brewery at 1pm (FREE) – Features an art auction of local artists, a mustache competition, “Mayday Movember” T-shirts, and live music; All proceeds from auction and shirt sales go to the Movember charity
- Robbie Fulks and Friends at The Station Inn at 9pm ($12)
- Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness with Fences & Junior Prom at 3rd & Lindsley at 7:30pm (SOLD OUT) – Hope you got your tickets!
- The Features with The Vamptones & 1933 at TEMPT Murfreesboro at 9pm ($10)
- LUNGevity Foundation’s Breathe Deep Stache and Lash 5K at Shelby Park at 7:00am ($40/ FREE for lung cancer survivors) – A timed run and untimed walk to raise money for critical lung cancer research, education, and support!
- Farm Bureau Holiday 5K and 10K at Robertson County Fairgrounds at 9am ($35 Race Day)
- Thistle Stop Holiday Marketplace at Thistle Stop Café at 10am to 4pm
SUNDAY, November 23, 2014
- Nashville Sunday Night presented by Lightning 100 at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm ($10) – Featuring Elenowen
- Bottle Release & Fundraiser Party at Nashville Farmer’s Market at 4 to 8pm – Bottle releases from Blackstone, Jackalope, Yazoo, Black Abbey, Tennessee Brew Works, Little Harpeth and Fat Bottom; Proceeds for lung cancer awareness!
- The Nashville Auto Show at The Music City Center from 10am to 5pm (Adults $9/ Children $5)
- Rhett Miller at City Winery at 8pm ($22/$18/$15)
- The Farmer & Adele with Ben DeBerry & Friends at The Sutler Saloon at 5pm – If you haven’t tried The Sutler yet, first you’re crazy, second, their Sunday night shows are the perfect opportunity to do so
- The Sunday Post at The Basement at 8pm (NO COVER) – Drink specials! Featuring Aztec, Civilian, Fat Tuesday & The New Custards, Guiltless Cult, Nodaway
- Dads with Tiny Moving Parts & Choir Vandals at The End at 7pm ($10)