‘Twas the weekend before Christmas and all through Nashville, not a Nashvillian had skipped holiday festivities, not even without wearing an ugly sweater in public. Poetic, obviously. It’s the most wonderful time of the year people and there are still celebrations to be had! Don’t be a Grinch, get out and enjoy the holidays!
**Don’t forget to check out the Nearly Native Guide to NYE in Nashville for all of you noncommittal types
FRIDAY, December 19. 2014
- Justin Timberlake with The Weeknd at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm (Prices Vary) – You’ll be hearing those screaming girls all the way to the Cumberland; Our Tennessee boy is back!
- Naughty or Nice Party at Rebar at 9pm (NO COVER) – dress for naughty or nice success y’all!
- 3rd Annual Christmas Carol Show at The Stone Fox at 9pm (FREE) – Presented by East Nashville Underground & No Country for New Nashville featuring Alanna Royale, *repeat repeat, Jung Youth, That’s My Kid
- Opry at the Ryman at 7pm ($58.50 & $46.50) – Featuring Clare Bowen, The Swon Brothers, The Earls of Leicester
- Merry Effin’ Kissmas: An Evening with Blonder Than Hell at Exit/In at 7pm ($10) – Toy & Food drive!
- Music City Improv at The Building at 8pm ($12 at the door; cash only) – BYOB comedy!
- Flipside Fridays at The Flipside 12South at 9:30pm – Dance to everything from “Doo-Op to Hip Hop”
- Gabe Dixon and Friends Christmas Show at City Winery at 8pm (SOLD OUT)
- Joseph Wooten’s Annual Christmas Birthday Celebration at 3rd & Lindsley at 9:30pm ($15) – Some Christmassy acid jazz musical stylings
- Modoc with Moseley and Juhi at Mercy Lounge at 9pm ($10) – Some rock for your Friday night
- Karen Johns & Company at Gray’s on Main at 9pm ($6) – Jazz entertainment and a delicious Gray’s cocktail sounds pretty inviting on a cold winter night!
- Donna Ulisse & The Poor Mtn. Boys at Station Inn at 9pm ($12)
SATURDAY, December 20, 2014
- Miracle on Broadway A Benefit Concert at Bridgestone Arena at 7:30pm (Prices Vary) – Featuring Kelly Clarkson, Reba, Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks, Ronnie Dunn, Kacey Musgraves, Hayley Williams, Charles Esten, Meghan Trainor, and more!
- 10th Annual Terrible Christmas Sweater Party presented by Jägermeister at Blue Bar at 8pm ($10 at the door) – A donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Middle TN provides VIP access; Features 4 live bands, 3 dance floors, and a JAGER Party Tent (it’s heated, don’t worry); There’s a photo booth to document the festive debauchery and Santa might even appear
- Augustana with Scars on 45 at The Cannery Ballroom at 9pm ($15 ADV/ $18 DOS)
- Opry at The Ryman at 7pm ($58.50 & $46.50) – Featuring Clare Bowen, Charles Esten, Eric Paslay, Jonathan Jackson, Ricky Skaggs & Sharon White
12th Annual Winter Party at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee at 8pm – Choose your donation amount for admission: anywhere from $25 t0 $125. The more you donate, the more meals for Second Harvest; Open bar, food, dj, and cocktail attire
- Winter Wonder Jam at The High Watt at 8pm ($10) – Check out this independent artist showcase featuring the musical genres of Funk, Americana, Hip-Hop, Pop, Blues, R&B
- The Ugly Sweater Run at Centennial Park at 11am ($40 DOS/ $35 DOS for a team)
- Sexy Santa Party at Tempt Murfreesboro at 10pm (Ladies free if dressed in theme)
- Jazz Brunch with The Combo at The Stone Fox from 11am to 3pm – A little jazz with your brunch makes it taste better…swear…
- Riders in the Sky: Christmas the Cowboy Way at Franklin Theatre at 7pm (SOLD OUT)
- Nashville Improv’s 4th Annual Holiday Spectacular at Bongo After Hours Theater at 7pm ($10)
SUNDAY, December 21, 2014
- Yelawolf, Rittz, Big Henry, DJ Klever at Marathon Music Works at 8pm ($20)
- Nashville Sunday Night presented by Lightning 100 at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm – Featuring a Christmas-themed show with Andy Davis and Friends
- REM by MTV Movie Screening at City Winery at 7pm ($5)
- Michael Jackson vs. Price: A Tribute at No. 308 at 9pm (No Cover) – Featuring Coach & Rate
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 8pm (No Cover) – First come, first serve!