Another weekend is upon us Nashville! Don’t waste it staying inside, try something new. Don’t know where to start? Well…. there are a whole bunch of events right here, so get to socializing:
FRIDAY, January 16, 2015
- Greensky Bluegrass at Marathon Music Works at 8pm ($17)
- Nashville Predators vs. Washington Capitals at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm (Prices Vary)
- Opry at The Ryman at 7pm ($58.50 & $46.50)- Featuring Little Big Town, Chris Young, Darryl Worley, Restless Heart
- Chris Franjola at Zanies Nashville at 7:30pm & 9:45pm ($18) – As seen on Chelsea Lately
- Diamond Carter at Mercy Lounge at 8pm ($5) – With The Future, Frances & the Foundation, Farewell Flight & Yumi and The System
- Mojorose at The High Watt at 8pm ($5) – With Del Mar, The Wooly Mamas, fauna halo
- Bruiser Queen, Moseley, Sudonistas at The Stone Fox at 9pm ($7)
- Sons of Zevon 1971 at 3rd & Lindsley at 9:30pm ($10) – Featuring Audley Freed, Jen Gunderman, Joe Pisapia, Kevin Hornback, Jamie Ruben, and Ryan Wariner
- Paper Diamond with Torro Torro & Nadastrom at Anthem at 10pm ($15 GA)
- Angela Perley & The Howlin’ Moons at The Sutler at 8pm (NO COVER)
- Hotel War, Mutual Live, Red Wine Hangover, and For Lack of Lythium at fooBAR at 9pm ($5)
- Karen Johns & Company at Gray’s on Main at 9pm
- Catch a show at The Belcourt – They have the highly anticipated release: Birdman!
SATURDAY, January 17, 2015
- Hands On Nashville MLK Day of Service at various locations from 8am to 1pm – Prep and Painting of Community Centers!
- Linkin Park with Rise Against and Of Mice & Men at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm (Prices Vary)
- Opry at the Ryman at 7pm ($58.50 & $46.50) – With Ronnie Milsap, Vince Gill, Craig Morgan, John Conlee, Jan Howard, Jesse McReynolds, Dailey & Vincent, Mandy Barnett
- 13 Most Beautiful: Songs for Andy Warhol’s Screen Tests at OZ Nashville at 8pm ($42.50) – Featuring Dean and Britta
- Beer, Bacon & Burlesque at Track One from 12pm Noon to 6pm ($50 GA/ $100 VIP)
- Chuck Ragan with Billy the Kid at City Winery at 8pm ($15/$18/$20)
- Bahamas with Field Report at Mercy Lounge at 9pm
- Chris Franjola at Zanies Nashville at 7 & 9:15pm ($18)
- Nashville Improv at Bongo After Hours Theatre at 7pm ($10) – This week is titled “The Totally Normal Awesome Improv Show!”
- The Dylan Altman Blues Band at The Sutler at 9pm (NO COVER)
- Space is the Place at The Stone Fox at 10pm (FREE)
SUNDAY, January 18, 2015
- Actual Brunch at POP Nashville from 10am to 2:30pm
- Kenny’s Farmhouse Six Course Cheese Dinner at City Winery at 6pm ($65)
- King of the Cowboys: Riders in the Sky Salute Roy Rogers! at City Winery at 8pm ($28/$30/$32) – A classic cowboy quartet
- Nashville Sunday Night at 3rd & Lindsley at 8pm – Featuring Strand of Oaks with Fly Golden Eagle
- Farmer & Adele, Locust Honey String Band at The Sutler at 5pm
- Chris Franjola at Zanies Nashville at 7:30pm ($18)
- Bluegrass Jam at Station Inn at 7pm (FREE) – First come, first serve!
- Country Sundays with Chris Scruggs at The Stone Fox at 9pm (FREE)
MONDAY, January 19, 2015 – MLK Day!
For those of your lucky enough to have this day off, here are some Monday activities that might strike your fancy:
- Hands On Nashville MLK Day of Service at various locations from 9am to 12pm – Prep and Painting of Community Centers!
- Nashville Restaurant Week begins!
- Whiskey Jam at Winners Bar & Grill at 8pm (NO COVER)
- Motown Monday at The 5 Spot at 10pm
- Generationals with EL EL at The High Watt at 9pm ($10)
- Bingo with Brian at The Stone Fox at 8pm – 2 for 1 Drafts, $3 Wells; Prizes from Grimey’s New and Preloved Music, Jackalope Brewery, The Stone Fox and more!
- M.L. Rose West