Keeping up the old workout routine can be difficult. One day, you’re motivated to get moving, the next you’re stuffing your face with peanut butter and Oreos and binge watching Netflix. It’s easy to fall comfortably into a pattern where your 30 minutes of cardio just aren’t working off your latest dive into the Oreo bag anymore. While fitness classes can help to keep things fresh and new, they aren’t necessarily tailored specifically to you, so the dreaded plateau for changing your body comes whether you or an instructor makes you sweat it out. What if you had the perfect workout tailored specifically to your personal needs; Something that adjusts and grows as you do? The Set Personal Training Studio in Brentwood creates customized living programs that change as you do so that your fitness routine will never flatline. Here are the 5 things to know before you go:
- Don’t be shy: People of all ages are using The Set’s personal training methods, so don’t worry about being surrounded by fitness addicts. The trainers work with people from ages 14 to 67 and create workouts specific to each and every one of them. There are no contracts or membership fees. Patrons pay per appointment or can buy a package that doesn’t expire!
- No crowds allowed: At The Set, patrons schedule specific appointments so that the gym space is never overcrowded. You’ll never see more than a few other trainees in the gym at a time so you don’t have to worry about waiting for a machine and your trainer will be with you every step of the way.
- The whole package: Trainers will review your progress with you on a weekly basis and adjust workouts accordingly. Additionally, they give you a nutrition plan to maximize the benefits of being a part of The Set because we all know that diet is half the battle.
- Get ready to sweat: Patrons have the option to select a 30 minute burst or classic 60 minute workout usually consisting of functional movements with body weight and adjustments for injuries. During your first visit, you’ll sit down with a trainer for a consultation, then they’ll test your limits to see what sequences work for you. Just when you start building strength to get comfortable with one workout, they’ll switch it up on you to make sure that you’re getting the most out of your time at The Set.
- Be prepared: Bring water and a towel and wear clothes that you’re comfortable to work out in. Don’t expect to shower on site and know that there isn’t a ton of storage, but they’ll will keep your things safe and sound. They will measure your weight and body mass index as they monitor your progress, but if you’re having a bad week and don’t want to see it, don’t worry! They won’t show it to you.
The Set provides an approachable person training experience that will show you that making serious strides towards your fitness goals is absolutely possible!
For more information on The Set go to the Explore Like a Native page!