Summer is here! So why not work with what’s in season? Fresh peaches aren’t only delicious in pies, on ice cream, or picked from a tree, they’re also a great fruit for sipping. While this Peach Lemonade is amazing on it’s own for an afternoon on the porch, it’s also a great party treat when it’s spiked with vodka. Quick and easy to make, it’s perfect for a summertime soiree!
- 4 large peaches, pitted and cut into quarters
- ½ cup sugar (add more to taste if needed!)
- 1 cup real lemon juice (8 lemons)
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
- water to taste
- In a medium saucepan combine fresh peaches, 1 cup water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Place in blender and blend until smooth. Pour peach syrup through a strainer over a 2 quart pitcher (or whatever you have around, I used a 2.5 quart pitcher and added a little more lemon). Add fresh lemon juice and vodka. Fill with ice and water.