There’s no denying that it’s been a hot one this summer in Tennessee. It’s hard to spend more than 5 minutes outside without starting to sweat. But isn’t that why we all love the south? Long, sunny summers and short, mild winters keep us happy! So instead of hopping from one air conditioned haven to another, embrace this southern style summer with 5 ways to cool off in Nashville:
- Pool it at Pinewood Social – It’s basically the only public(ish) pool downtown, so if you don’t have a pool to retreat to at least you can put your feet in this one while you sip on some frosé.
- Sample some cool refreshments – Grab soft serve at Bobbie’s Dairy Dip, Popsicles at Las Paletas or King of Pops, or go healthy with Juice Bar, Juice Nashville, Fountain of Juice, or Urban Juicer
- Wild out with water sports (or just go to the lake) – Percy Priest and Old Hickory Lake close by with lots of rental options for getting on the water. If you want to get active, try paddleboarding or flyboard!
- Get brain freeze with a side of baseball at Nashville Sounds games – Two words: Band Box
- Steal some shade and sip some wine – Try Arrington Vineyards, Natchez Hills, or Belle Meade Winery